- Garcinia kola, aka bitter kola, is regarded as a miracle plant because every component has medicinal use
Sex is an important part of life. For many men, thinking about sex starts early, often before puberty, and lasts until their final days on earth. On one level, sex is just another hormone-driven bodily function designed to perpetuate the species. On another, it’s a pleasurable activity. It’s also an activity that can help cement the bonds between two people.
Sexual health refers to a state of well-being that lets a man fully participate in, and enjoy the sexual activity. A range of physical, psychological, interpersonal, and social factors influence a man’s sexual health.
Optimal male sexual health includes sexual desire (libido) and the ability to get and sustain an erection for intercourse. Although physiology can affect both the desire for sex and the ability to have sex, mental health and emotional factors also play important roles.
Harvard Health Education (67:1996).
Male sexual health isn’t merely the absence of disease. Erectile dysfunction (ED) is the inability to get an erection or to maintain it long enough for satisfying sexual activity. Many things can cause ED, including stress, depression, relationship issues, abnormally low testosterone, damage from urological surgery, and even cholesterol-clogged arteries. In fact, it is often an early warning sign for heart disease. ED can be treated with pills, injections into the penis, or devices. Men can also experience difficulties related to ejaculation, including premature ejaculation, delayed ejaculation, or the inability to experience orgasm upon ejaculation (anorgasmia).
Male sexual health also covers the prevention and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases and the assessment and treatment of male infertility.
In today’s editorial, we shall be looking at one of the most potent and effective seed when it comes to boosting men’s sexual health and treating sexual health challenges.
Garcinia kola belongs to the Garcinia genus of the Clusiaceae family and Malpighi ales order. It contains more than 180 members all over the globe. It is found all over Asia and in tropical African countries. In Africa, traditionally, G kola is used to manage and treat cancer, diabetes, malaria, analgesics, hypertension, and other numerous ailments. This review aimed to comprehensively update relevant information regarding the pharmacological potential of Garcinia kola. Electronic databases such as ScienceDirect, PubMed, Wiley, Google Scholar, Hindawi, and Springer extracted valuable information from original scientific research.
Antioxidant, antimicrobial, antidiabetic, antibacterial, medications, antiviral, traditional medicine, ethnopharmacology, toxicity, cytotoxic action, chemical composition, mineral elements, GCMS analysis, and any other related phrases were used as filters to find studies.
Exclusion Criteria. (2000: 23)
For clarity purposes, data from questionable online sources, as well as thesis reports and review publications, were excluded from this editorial. The investigation revealed that seeds of G. kola are very efficient as antioxidant, antimicrobial, antidiabetic, antihypertension, antianalgesic, and anti-inflammatory. we also found that too much consumption of the seeds caused low fertility and toxicity. However, the safety and efficacy of G. kola have not been wholly assessed in humans, and further well-designed clinical trials are needed to corroborate preclinical findings. The mechanism of action of the seed extract should be examined. The standard dose and safety of the seed should be established.
Traditional medicines produced from plants have become more important as alternative medicines in treating a broad spectrum of ailments, and researchers are continuing to pay attention to the use of plant materials in the treatment of many afflictions. The majority of the developing world believe that these plant-based products are safer and more cost-effective.
With the emergence of new diseases and microorganism resistance, the usage of these plant products has increased in developed, developing, and underdeveloped countries. Ethnopharmacology and medication discovery employing plant-based products are still critical in healthcare delivery worldwide.
Garcinia kola is found in Benin, Cameroon, The Gambia, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ivory Coast, Mali, Gabon, Ghana, Liberia, Nigeria, Senegal and Sierra Leone. Its natural habitat is subtropical or tropical moist lowland forests.
Garcinia kola is regarded as a miracle plant because every component has medicinal use. The following reviews aimed to update and do a comprehensive review regarding the biological potential of G. kola.
HEALTH BENEFIT OF BITTER KOLA YOU NEED TO KNOW.
Bitter Kola is a tropical flowering plant that produces brown nut – like seeds. The Scientific name being Garcinia Kola.
Bitter Kola contains high levels of Vitamins and Minerals such as Vitamins A, C, E, B1, B2, B3, Fiber, Calcium, Potassium, Iron and lots of Antioxidants.
Garcinia kola is generally utilized by African society healers who accept that it has laxative, anti parasitic, and antimicrobial properties. The seeds are utilized for liver problems, bronchitis, throat contaminations, colic, head or chest colds, and hack.14 Jun 2022
Wikipedia encyclopedia, (1999).
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CONSUMING BITTER KOLA
- Boosts Sexual performance in Men. Bitter Kola contains compounds that treats erectile dysfunction, increases sperm counts and increase libido in Men. Just by chewing bitter Kola two minutes before intercourse will be an added advantage to the virility of the Menfolk.
- Repel Snakes. Snakes gets repelled by this plant, so, spreading bitter Kola all over your properties is one sure way of keeping these dangerous reptiles at bay.
- Helps fights Glaucoma. This is a condition of increased pressure on the eyeball which can lead to gradual loss of sight. If left untreated, could lead to permanent blindness.
- Remedy for Osteoarthritis. This is the degeneration of the joints. Also help to reduce inflammation and pains.
- Combats STDs. The seeds, leaf and barks of Bitter Kola has Antibacterial compounds that combats Staphylococcus Aureus, Escherichia coli, Salmonella typhi and other counter effects.
- Improves Functions of the Lungs. Helps stabilizes the fibers and tissues of the lungs and other counter effects.
- As Antimalarial agent. Bitter Kola is used to treat malaria infections. The stems, barks and seeds are also employed in treating acute fever, inflammation, respiratory tract and throat infections.
- As Immune Booster. The Antioxidants compounds found in Bitter Kola helps fight Bacteria, and thus, increases our body immune system.
- Serves as natural therapy for cold.
- Aids in Longevity. Contains caffeine which boosts mental alertness.
- Balances our blood sugar levels and also employed in the treatment of type 2 Diabetes.
- Boosts weight loss. Chewing bitter Kola keeps hunger pangs at bay and makes one to thirst more, drinking more water. This promotes Diuresis, the bitter content of the bitter Kola helps to increase water and salts expelled from the bodies, flushing out some minor sicknesses through urine.
Bitter Kola hardly exhibits adverse reaction in people. But consuming too much of it, cause of it’s caffeine properties could lead to some side effects like;
- Rapid heartbeats*
- Dry mouth*
- Stomach cramps*
At the onset of these symptoms, we advise you quickly consult your Doctor or Physician for proper diagnoses.