ioiNEWS.org
Sports

Osimhen: Napoli Issue Statement, Claim, Video not Intended for Offence

The dissension generated by the controversial video clip posted by Napoli football club allegedly mocking Victor Osimhen is still raging. Napoli said Thursday, that the video clip was never meant to mock nor offend the Nigerian Striker, the striker’s agent had threatened legal action over a video the club posted online mocking him for missing a penalty.

The TikTok post, which has been deleted, showed Osimhen failing to score his spot-kick in the goalless draw at Bologna at the weekend, with a high-pitched voice saying “gimme penalty please”.

In a statement, the Serie A club said it “never intended to offend or make fun of Victor Osimhen”, describing the player as its asset. It said as was common on social media, and in particular TikTok, the video had been made in a creative, light-hearted spirit, without “any intention of mockery or derision”.

The player’s agent, Roberto Calenda, said the video caused “very serious damage” and threatened legal action. Osimhen has had a tough start to the Seria A season, failing to score in 5 consecutive matches before missing the penalty against Bologna.

The 24-year-old has become an icon in Naples after scoring 31 times in all competitions last season as Napoli won their first league title after 33 years of waiting

Osimhen has been a target of some big clubs in Europe and even in Asia. Clubs like; Chelsea, Manchester United, Real Madrid Arsenal, etc have been monitoring the situation at Naples, and are ready to take advantage of the misunderstanding to sign the player.

IMAGE: SportsRation

Related posts

Peter Obi Expresses Concern Over Escalation in Drug Abuse, Blames Leadership Failure

Monday Ani

$60,000 Each Player: Super Falcons World Cup Cash Paid to NFF – FIFA

Monday Ani

Oil Theft in the Niger Delta Smacks of Official Complicity and Military Corruption- Uche Igwe

Editor

Leave a Comment